Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Night Before 37

It's the day before my 37th birthday. Wow. And I've been reflecting on what I want to accomplish in the next year and in the next 3 years (before the big 4-0). One of my major goals is to redefine my eating habits. I recognize I am a good person and the scale does not reflect my self worth. On the other hand, I'm tired of eating because I'm bored/anxious/sad/scared/etc. I went on a great diet this summer and lost 15 pounds, but I didn't feel much had changed and my eating habits started to reflect this as I gained the weight back. But you know what? It did make a difference. When I was eating less, I had more energy and I enjoyed being active. So I decided one major goal I have is to make exercise and eating healthy my journey, not just a destination. I want to lose 25 pounds (2 pounds/month plus one to grow on :)) in the next year. And to do so, my goal is to hit 9,000 to 10,000 steps per day (with an exception if I swim or lift weights). I vow to eat when I'm hungry, to stop when I'm full and fill my body with good for me food. Because calories don't have emotions so I shouldn't treat them that way.
I'll post once a month (for accountability) on how I'm doing. Today I am at zero and from here on out, you'll see a +/- for the month.
I'm happy to be 37. I am a successful PA, a good mother and wife. I love being with my family, being with nature and being with a good book.

1 comment:

chitknit said...

Love you, girl! Wish we could be there to celebrate the big day with you! Happy Birthday!