Saturday, April 20, 2013

Running


This week has been hard. I know there is a lot of violence which I try to block out. But Monday's bombing at the Boston Marathon was hard to swallow.
Really dumbass? Bomb a marathon race. Where people have spent months training for, years qualifying for. These people run 26.2 miles for fun. On their day off. Why?
Such a senseless act. First of all, runners don't succumb to adversity. We life for it. So bombing the marathon won't make us stop running. It will make us more determined. And Boston? One of the few major cities where every body is friends. You won't break Boston. You just made them more determined.
This event reminds me I run for many reasons. Health (physical and mental), friendship and to run for those who can't. I love this new shirt that came out from the local running company. I run for those who can't. And I'll won't quit because of two idiots.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: