Sunday, March 1, 2015

Little Rock Marathon

3/1/15: the day I say I'm not doing a marathon again (just kidding-I'll forget just like Houston and run one again).

Somehow I have great luck in running marathons in rainy weather. It didn't start off too bad. A little mist and chilly 34 degrees.



Ragan ran the 10K while I ran the full. Look how happy I am.


The race was really good. There were two killer up hills-mile 12 and 24. I cried walking up both of them and wanted to quit. But after 12, it was downhill for a couple miles. The scenery was beautiful and the support-both crowd support and fuel, were wonderful. I ate enough oranges to skip a gel which my stomach was thankful for.
Sadly, it rained off and on the whole time. Pittsburgh rain, but still annoying and I don't think the temp was above 40. At mile 25.8, the Loreal people were there with lipstick so we could look nice at the finish. Such a nice gift. Unfortunately our metals are in the port strike so we got nice substitutes and the real one will be mailed in a few weeks.


My official time- 5:43:02. I didn't beat my Houston time by 3 minutes. Oh well, I had a good time and I survived. Good enough for me.

-Kat

No comments: