Friday, January 1, 2010

Frosty 5K

Once again, I ran in the Frosty 5K today. I am training for a half marathon in March and I flipped days so my 3 mile run was today. It was very chilly today...22 degrees. I couldn't feel my toes and fingers for the first mile, but then I warmed up. I finished in 32:14. Not my best time, but I'm going for consistency, not speed while I train.

I chose not to listen to music this morning and took in the world around me. There were spots of ice on the ground, the river was glazed with ice. But best of all was the bald eagle I saw flying above us. What an awesome sight while running. That's what it's all about.

2 comments:

chitknit said...

Way to go - you're officially tougher than I am! I totally slacked on the running this week, but I had lots of "manual labor" type workouts - shoveling, etc.

I will be at Gold's early tomorrow morning for my 3-miler, and my 6 on Sunday.

Are you on the novice schedule or intermediate? I'm attempting the intermediate...

Kathryn said...

I'm doing the novice schedule.