Sunday, January 10, 2010

Getting Back to Normalcy

I finally feel like the holidays are over. The Christmas decorations went down, the leftover cookies are gone, and I'm starting to think about Valentine's Day.

This week was one crazy week. Changing our office to electronic is wonderful, but it's exhausting. I felt a little bad because I haven't worked out since Tuesday. And on Friday, I felt really bad. But then I thought, be patient, be still and enjoy the ride. So I got up on Saturday morning and did two of my favorite activities, grocery shopping and the library. The rest of the day, I played. Watched a basketball game, took a nap, fixed a great supper. And I felt great just to relax and be in the moment.

So today, I was productive and swept the floors, cleaned up all the decorations and took a trip to Michael's. I wasn't fit this week, but because I took a mental health break, I am ready to hit the treadmill and swim this week.

Patience...it feels good.

No comments: