Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Mother's Day

Well, my mother's day definitely wasn't I thought it would be. My weekend plans were to paint L's room Saturday, do a little house cleaning so that I could enjoy Sunday to the fullest. I was going to hang out with L and Jeff, maybe plant some flowers and read.

In reality, I was sick all weekend. I felt like I had the flu Friday, rested well, but Sat didn't get any better. Painting plans scrapped. I thought, I'll rest all day Sat so I can enjoy Sunday.

Wrong again. Jeff and L showered me with beautiful gifts: WSU flip flops and a WSU bag. L made me a picture and a coupon book and they got me a great frame to hang anything on it.

And then I headed to the ER. I cried the whole time because my plans didn't pan out and I felt miserable. Diagnosis: strep throat. My recurrent childhood illness came back to haunt me. It seems like strep ruined many a birthday party when I was little.

So I picked up my antibiotic and steroids, had a self pity party and then had a great, modified, Mother's Day. I got to watch whatever I wanted, finished a great book and started another, and had a delicious, delivered to home dinner from Cinnamon's Deli. And my throat doesn't feel like there are razor blades in it every time I swallow. So that's definitely making progress.

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers and to my mom who is the best. I can't wait to see her in a few weeks.

-Posted by Kathryn

No comments: