Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2012 Word: Discipline

I've been thinking about my 2012 word for the past few weeks. 2011 was balance and I'm not sure how I did. My life was CRAZY this year. So while thinking of a word, discipline came to my mind and I thought, YES. Now some people say, "excuse me. You are very disciplined". And in some areas (like work), I do very well. But in other areas, like chores, daily tasks and misc...I lack focus. I'd rather waste my time and then I have so many things to do that I feel overwhelmed. So this year I will work on discipline.

Discipline in how I eat (when hungry, not bored/anxious/angry), tedious tasks (bill paying and misc business stuff), financial (not spending just because I want it). This means more lists to keep me on task and one evening a week to get the boring stuff done. It means spending 10 minutes in the evening to take out the trash, run the dishwasher and pick up our messes.

But I hope that it will turn into more free time to enjoy life as it comes and less time to be overwhelmed.

No comments: