Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Move More, Eat Less: Month 3

+4.

Ugh.
Well, there are a couple of things I've learned this month. I really like to exercise. I exercised 14 times in January, including a 5K run and an indoor triathlon. This is the third month I have consistently exercised so I feel I have good handle on this aspect of my life.

Eating...not so much. I live to eat. I really need to turn that around. I thought last night how I'm doing and where my pitfalls are. Breakfast is good and simple (greek yogurt, toast, fruit). I make it to lunch without a snack and most days eat a decent lunch. I've tried to simplify lunch. Monday and Tuesday are salads, Wednesday is frozen meal, Thursday is a sandwich, Friday: frozen meal or hospital food (if I'm at a lecture). My afternoon snack is a protein shake and a piece of fruit. I try to make it easy so there's no emotion in it. I'm concentrating on nutrition.

Then evening hits and I let my guard down. I test food to make sure it's good before serving it. I eat my portion, sometimes seconds, pick off L's plate. Then have dessert. And a cup of apple cider or chai. Yeah....that's definitely where the problem starts.

So February's goals:

1. Keep a food journal: my iPhone has Dragon Dictation so I'm going to keep track of everything I eat. Hopefully, that will help deter me and figure out my problems.

2. No eating off of L's plate. There's no reason to and I need to stop this bad habit.

3. Exercise 15 times this month.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

"Lose It!" is a great free iPhone app that tracks your calories. You tell it how much you want to lose and it will tell you how many calories you can eat.