Saturday, February 4, 2012

Movie Reviews

Last night, Jeff, T and I went to the movies. I can't tell you how long it's been since we've had movie night, but I had a great time. We saw 'The Grey' and 'Contraband'. Here's my review:

The Grey: stars Liam Neeson. Wow is the first word that comes to my mind. A group of oil rig men are flying home when a blizzard tears up their plane. Eight men survive. A pack of wolves tries to eat them and the men try to outsmart them. There's lots of cussing (they're men!). But I can't think of the last movie where I laughed so hard at their crude humor (survival will do that to ya), cried when someone died and felt scared at the same time. I will say this: if you go, watch all the credits. You need to see the very end. *** 1/2 stars.

Contraband: stars Marky Mark. Set in the East, I don't know why but I love those kind of movies. Mark used to bring contraband (drugs, money) from South America to US but got out of it when he had a family. His brother in law decides to try a run, gets caught, dumps the drugs, and ends up in trouble with the thugs. So Mark goes on a run to make it right. The scenery was cool. I love to see all the trouble they get themselves into. Not a stellar movie, but nice to relax and enjoy. *** stars.

No comments: