Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wednesday Weigh In





So let's start. This is a gain of 1.8 pounds from last week but I've lost 3 pounds in two weeks.

Now, in the past I would get frustrated that I gained weight. But I'm good. And I'm really proud of myself because I counted WW points all week. But I learned a few things to keep me going.

#1: I can't eat cake on two consecutive days. I do fine with my 2-4 point ice cream snacks, but homemade desserts...I start the downhill slide of craving sugar all the time. Which makes me feel more sluggish feeding the cycle. So I will watch this more carefully.

#2: I need to exercise more. And harder. Sometimes I get up and walk for three miles. And yes, it's better than nothing but I'm not giving it my all and that won't help me lose weight faster. So I have nine days before my trip. Last night I wrote out 8 workouts all different. Some swimming, one weights, one long run, hill repeat, tempo run, speed workout and a walk. This gives me flexibility to do a workout based on the time I have but keep me accountable.

Like this morning. I woke up at 6:20 then went back to sleep til 6:45 and thought "should I skip it". But then I remembered I have a meeting tonight and won't have time to exercise tonight. And I don't want to waste my one free day today. So I did hill repeats. They were hard but fun! And that makes me feel more confident.

No comments: