Monday, January 14, 2019

Marathon Monday

So I haven’t posted about the Dallas Marathon which I participated in on December 9th.  It was my fifth marathon and the second time I’ve ran Dallas. 
First stop: the expo. I went with three other ladies and met one there (she lives in Houston). 

We shopped and signed the wall

And then had a delightful supper. Chicken and mashed cauliflower. 

The weather was nice Saturday which is good because I was afraid it wasn’t going to be good. There had been threats of ice earlier in the week. 

Flat is! 

Race Day!! I was ready to tackle this marathon on! 

Stephanie and I trained together. This was her first Mary. 

Starting line!!!!!

The views during the race are great! There are neighborhoods with all sorts of displays. And a piano player!




My time was 6:12:44. My worst time. My feet really hurt at the end.  The road was broken in spots so we did a lot of switching sides. For the first time ever, I had a blood blister on my toe. I still had a ton of fun though! 

No comments: