Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Fitness Rocks!

I've been participating in a fitness group three times a week for 8 months.  I've talked about Shocker Fitness often, but here's my success story.  In addition to SF (as we have nicknamed it), I exercise other days, but consistently I'm there at SF.  I ran the 10K River Run last Saturday with a finish time of 57 minutes, 4 seconds.  I was thrilled with my time and felt great about my run.  I was never exhausted during the 6.2 miles.  Last night, I went back to my log of run times.  Last year (May 2008) the 10K River Run...time was 64 minutes, 34 seconds.  That's right, I beat my time this year by 7 minutes, 30 seconds.  I couldn't believe it.  It's worth getting up at 5:30 in the morning for that!

1 comment:

Bets said...

CONGRATS! How exciting for you :)