Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Day

This year, we hosted Thanksgiving. We usually go to my grandparents, but they needed a year of rest so I offered to cook. It was my first time cooking a turkey and I have to say it was very easy and the turkey was delicious! Grandma helped me with the gravy and stuffing and pies, while I made green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and cranberry salad.
Jeff did an excellent job of carving the turkey (another first). He saved the drumsticks for his leftovers.
Look at that spread. No one left the table hungry.

L was a little under the weather so it worked out well that we were home. She took an extra morning nap and that seemed to get her through the day.



Grandma and I headed to Michael's after the others left to do a little shopping. And I headed to bed relatively early to get ready for Black Friday. It was a wonderful Thanksgiving to have everyone over to see our new home.


No comments: