Saturday, November 28, 2009

Christmas prep

The family is gone, I've shopped for my Black Friday items, so now it's time to move to Christmas. L and I spent yesterday afternoon on this craft (thanks to Betsy!). We took pine cones, put Modge Podge on the tips and glittered them. What a fun craft and what a mess! We both had lots of fun and laughs.


We also decorated the Christmas tree today. It didn't seem to take long to put up the tree. I did that part and the lights and L put on most of the ornaments (when she could peel herself away from iCarly). We had a good time discussing the ornaments and what was special about them.

Here are the two ornaments my mom made for us. For 15 years, she has been stitching ornaments for me every year. When Jeff and I got married, we'd each receive one. Now that L's here, she gets her own and Jeff and I get one together. I love the ballerina ornament she made for L.


This is my favorite ornament that my mom has made for me. It plays music and reminds me of my childhood.


More pictures to follow, I'm sure. We're trying to finish up the decorating this weekend.




2 comments:

Bets said...

LOVE your pine cones! What pretty colors! Your tree is so pretty, too. I bet you love having the new house all decorated for the first time.

FYI: I just wrapped mine up for next year ... I assume that putting them in a box between plastic grocery bags will be a good way to keep them safe :)

Kathryn said...

Thanks. I wish I had some silver glitter..would have gone nicely with the blue.