Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Fishing Injury

Last night, my BFF called me to say her 4 year old son hooked himself with a lure in the knee while he was taking a bath. She tried to get it out but it was a barbed hook and wasn't successful. So I told her to bring him to the Welch minor emergency center.
Here's Max. He looks so sweet.


His injury (BTW, he wasn't supposed to be playing with it).


I tried but couldn't get it to come out so I called T, my trusted friend who fishes all the time. He had a trick to pull it out which he'd seem but not done. Thankfully, Max has a high pain threshold and didn't cry at all. T wrapped the barb in fishing line, laid his hand on the weight and quickly yanked out. Success!! One little hole, hardly any blood and no tears. Some irrigation, neosporin and a band aid and he was good to go.


- Kat

No comments: