Monday, November 12, 2007

Happy Veteran's Day!

Sorry it's been so long since I've blogged. I had bronchitis last week and between that and the side effects of the antibiotics, I haven't felt like doing much.

I do appreciate the veteran's. One, my grandfather fought in WW II in the Navy. Two, they work really hard for us. Three, USD 259 was out of school today, so Jeff and I and L hung out all day. We went shopping, played outside, played with playdoh. While L was asleep for a nap we got some wii time in. And we watched tv this am, making comments about the Y&R (we haven't watched that show in years, yet we could still follow the plot just fine.)

Last weekend, Craig, Mandy, Will and Mary Kate came to Wichita for a couple days. Their first night here, we ate at Playa Azul (yummy). I could never get L to either smile or look at the camera with Mary Kate. But these girls are so cute together!



Saturday we went to the zoo. Let me tell ya, this is an excellent time to go. First, it wasn't too hot, second there weren't very many people. We had a great time. My favorite memory? Mandy went to get food for the sheep at the petting zoo, and one of the sheep shoved her out of the way to eat the food as it came out of the machine!
The best part of the whole day? We got to feed the giraffes. They were so cool!! And very hungry. It was awesome to feed them and figure out the trick. Their tongues are so long (Gene Simmons has nothing on these guys) and you have to feed them a certain way or you lose the food. What a good day!

No comments: