Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

We celebrated Valentine's Day yesterday (Jeff taught tonight) and we had heart pizza from Papa Murphy's and a heart Valentine's cake. Both were delicious. L had fun opening everyone's gifts. I got a beautiful necklace and bracelet. L loved her new books and candy.

So my dad told me the real story about the flowers. When I was a teen, I told him one year I was too old for flowers. When he went to buy my mom flowers, he thought and said "nope, I'll buy Kathryn flowers anyway". So he put them in my room. I got home from school and found my mom's flowers and was so sad I didn't get any that I started to cry. So to make matters worse, my mom said "go to your room" so she wouldn't have to listen to me. I got upstairs and there were my flowers.

Sadly...when he told me this story, I do remember it!

No comments: