Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Evolution of a Male Cat Owner

When I was growing up cats had a place in our house. Let me share the evolution of my dad as a cat owner.

First, cats are an outside animal.
Then, the cat could come inside for a few minutes.
Then, the cat could stay in the house for a while but outside at night.
Next, the cat can stay in the house, but must stay in the basement at night.
Then the cat can stay in the house, but could only sleep on my bed.
When I moved out, the cat could stay in the house and sleep on my mom's side of the bed.
Finally, the cat could stay in the house, all night and sleep on my dad's pillow when he was gone.


So move forward to my current house (with my husband).

First, no cats.
Okay, you can have a cat, but I pick it (Jeff) and name it and it's an indoor cat.
Well, it must be locked up because that's what we do for the dog.
Next, the cat pees on the floor in one room, then another and another.
So finally, the cat is allowed to roam free when we're gone.

Two different evolutions by two different men, but the result is the same. The cat wins and is the ruler of the house. Amazing, huh?

No comments: