Friday, June 27, 2008

L is swimming!!

Last year L was afraid of the water. She was content to sit on the steps but didn't like to go out in the pool. We've been praising her a lot for anytime she braves the water and goes out with us. Last night, the pool was beautiful and warm (80 degrees, Maria). L played in her little pool and then wanted to check out the big pool. She splashed on the steps a little and then went out with me and started swimming back to the steps.
We are so excited and happy that she seems to like the water better this year!

4 comments:

chitknit said...

Yay! So glad to see she's getting braver about the water.

Miss you guys!

Maria said...

Get the pots of hot water ready for Saturday since it rained so much last night!

Janette said...

I'm with Maria -- I wouldn't think 80 degrees is all that warm haha. I like it a little warmer :)

Yeah for L though -- that's great!! Caleb is finally going under water and I think actually enjoying it this year!

Bets said...

So much fun! I remember being terrified of swimming in the pool, and even pretending to be sick to get out of swimming lessons!
Glad to see she's made such a big step!