Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Book Report: Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang

I know what you're thinking, but I needed a mindless book to read after the last book required much brain power. And Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang fits that bill. Chelsea Handler is a comedian who has her own show on E! I've never watched the show but this is the second book of hers I've read and she is FUNNY. Sometimes the stuff she writes about makes me laugh so hard. I've been reading it at work over lunch and when someone walks in my office, I hide it. I'm not sure why I'm ashamed. Maybe because the first chapter is all about her learning to masturbate at the ripe age of 8. Much of this book centers around her father and his lack of social skills. My favorite chapter is when he rents out his house in the Hamptons for $7500 a week, it's completely gross, the renters complain and want their money back, and he acts like its the renters fault. The story ends with Chelsea threatening her dad to pay them back (which he does). I know...it's hard to summarize the funny. You've really got to read the book.

No comments: