Monday, December 31, 2012

Reflection on 2012

Today is the last day of the year.  What a busy year 2012 has been.  Lots of new, lots of ups and downs.  I reflect on my word of the year and my 2012 goals.

Word: discipline.  I have done fairly well with this.  L and I started discipline by going to church regularly.  I have done well keeping a schedule for myself so I'm not spread too thin.  I exercised regularly and kept my marathon running schedule.  I'm happy with this word for 2012.

My goals:

1) Spend time by myself.  I've done this.  It's evident by the fact I've read 50 books this year.  I love reading.  It calms me down and it's my time to get lost in another world.

2)Keep the house cleaned.  I did pretty well.  I'm not sure I spent 10 minutes per day picking up, but it was relatively picked up and clean most of the time.

3) Lose weight:  I finally addressed this! In three months, I've lost 15 pounds.  I feel more secure in my weight loss and the journey I'm on.

4) Keep my blog updated.  YES!!!  As evident by 368 posts, I got one in every day.  Sometimes it was challenging, especially when I needed to catch up.

5) Be more financially savvy.  Well....I can't do everything so I gave Jeff the job of paying bills and managing our finances.  And it's working better than I thought.

Overall, I feel I accomplished my goals.  I'm happy with my progress.

No comments: