Tuesday, July 10, 2007

It's not a bat!!!

For the past week, we've heard a funny noise. At first, we thought it was outside, then realized it was close to the house. Saturday, I told Jeff it sounded like a snake and coming from the fireplace. Well, he was brave enough to check it out by climbing up on the roof. He shined the flashlight down the chimney and lots of flapping was seen!! He was a little freaked out (me, I would have been screaming). So we're sure we have a bat.

Monday, I called animal control and the guy comes out last night and informs us after looking down the chimney that we have a chimney swift....and there are babies!!! Chimney swifts for those of you who didn't know, are birds that look a lot like bats. Supposedly the babies will fly away in a couple weeks and then we'll cover the chimney. Hope you learned something new...I sure did!

No comments: