Thursday, December 10, 2009

The (Un)Fantastic Flu

Starting Sunday at bedtime, I feel some chills. I think the house must be cold. But no...it was the evil flu. He came and visited for three days. Chills that couldn't be comforted with five blankets to sweating so hard I changed shirts twice in two hours. And when I thought I finally got over it, the vomiting started. Good god! Let me tell you (if you didn't already know), I am not a patient person. I am not a good patient. I cry and whine when I'm sick because I don't have time to do that. I was so sick, I missed two days of work. The last time I missed that much work for an illness? Dec. 31, 2002 when I had an 8mm kidney stone. Yeah, I don't get sick much.

But there were two good things that came out of this illness. The first, I woke up this morning feeling GREAT and got caught up at work and cleaned up the house this evening. I love the extra energy. The second...tomorrow's FRIDAY! Woohoo!

1 comment:

Bets said...

Sorry you got sick. It's not fun at all. I'm home sick again today with general yuckiness. Blech.