Thursday, February 26, 2015

One More Thing

I feel like we are so busy all of the time.  Doing this, doing that.  And at some point, I get tired of doing and going all the time.  I try to make sure I've addressed everyone's needs and wants but sometimes it that "one more thing" that makes me say, "nope.  I'm done".

For example, L wanted to join 4-H.  Now as a former 4-H member, I'm all for that.  I loved 4-H and learned a ton.  But you know what's even better?  It's only once a month (versus twice a month with girl scouts) and it's 2 minutes from home.  And when I'm at the meeting I can listen or read...whatever I choose.  Because sometimes this mama needs a mental health break.  So when she officially joined, I thought "yea!  We get to share 4-H together and I can streamline our time better!"

I hope to continue to work on this skill and learn how to say no, I don't want to do "one more thing".

No comments: