Wednesday, October 5, 2016

What's Up Wednesday (WUW) -Run for the Rocks

A long time ago, I decided it would be good to do a mid week post. And then I'm not sure what happened. But I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. This week I'm going to talk about my recent 1/2 marathon.
We ran Run for the Rocks in Hutchinson. I hadn't run here before. It was a first for Deena, Brett, Mandy, Vanessa, Mel and I.
It was chilly with a chance of rain to start out with. We rode the bus from the finish line to the start.



And then we found this wonderful shed to stay warm in because we were 45 minutes early!


Start photo: we are cold!


The race was fantastic. The route was a paved trail along a park. It was so beautiful and FLAT!! I ran by myself most of the race which is fine by me. I had tunes to carry me through!
I got to mile 12 and I knew I wasn't going to PR but I thought I could beat my second best time of 1:35. But as I was about to finish, I found Deena, Mandy and Brett. Deena had gotten ill at mile 10 so I walked it in with them.


Beautiful day for a run-63 degrees and cloudy!





Cute metal!


I was proud of my time. Officially it was 2:37:50


-Kat

No comments: