Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Home sweet home

Two days, 18 hours of driving...we are home. I am exhausted. L was wonderful. She was a trooper through the whole trip. She came down with a cold at the end of our trip so she slept most of yesterday. She was spent about Emporia but made it the last hour.

It was very interesting to drive to Pitt and back. The road was great (except for the potholes in Indiana). It is very flat until you hit West Virginia. Then the hills start rolling and it's very exciting. I thought a lot about the scenery. In Missouri and Illinois the scenery is similar to home. But Indiana to Pitt, it's very...different. I couldn't place my finger on it. One thing is, the houses there are very close to the interstate, instead of near home where there are mostly buildings and farmland. But my mom made a very true statement, "this area looks like it could use a good powerwash". Yes, that was the exact phrase I was looking for (sorry if I offended anyone). That area is very old school looking and a little bit dingy. Definitely a change of pace.

I finished Life with Mae. Very good book. After I pass it along, I might even read it again. I started "A New Earth" (sorry Denise, it's the new Oprah book club book). It's very good so far. Lots of thinking is required for this book.

Off to bed.

No comments: