Tuesday, March 11, 2008

It's Grillin' Time

Ahhh....I love warm weather. Today was a beautiful 75 degrees outside. To celebrate, I fired up the gas grill and cooked us some burgers. They were delicious! And to complement the burgers, I made homemade fries. I love this recipe and wanted to share it with you. As part of my "renewal", I'm trying to eat more fruits and veggies (which is going well). And these fries are healthy...baked, not fried.

Unfried French Fries

3 medium potatoes
1/4 c. italian dressing (I use the light kind)
1/4 c. Parmesan Style Grated topping

Heat oven to 425. Wash potatoes, dry with paper towels. Cut into 1/4 inch slices; transfer to a medium size bowl. Add dressing and parm. Toss well.

Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a cookie sheet (I line mine with foil for easy clean up). Spray potatoes with cooking spray.

Bake 12 minutes. Turn potatoes over. Bake another 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.

2/3 cup is a serving....only 130 calories and 2 g. fat. Not bad!!!

1 comment:

chitknit said...

Sounds pretty darn good. Sure do love the Welch family backyard barbecues!