Sunday, March 2, 2008

Time for Renewal

This winter, I have been a slug. I haven't hardly exercised in four (count 'em, 4) months. I haven't gained much weight, but I feel like the tone I had is going away. So here starts March and with it, warmer weather. This winter has been icky. Too cold to run outside, too gross to get up at 6 am to drive to the gym.

But I am renewing my faith in exercising again. Four workouts/week...two strengthening, two cardio. And fine tuning my diet a little ( I overindulge on those 100 calorie snack packs). I have my goals listed in my journal and I'll update the blog once a month.

******

So it's really spring. We ran a couple errands today and when we got home, guess who was in our backyard pool? Yep, the faithful duck couple. These ducks have come to our place every spring for the past nine years. Amazing? I'll post a picture later (today they flew away when we went outside to see them).

4 comments:

chitknit said...

You better get on it, girlie!

Kathryn said...

I will. And I know you'll be watching my back :)

chitknit said...

How's it going so far? I was doing great this week, until I woke up feeling like crap yesterday. I don't think there will be any exercising for the next few days for me.

Kathryn said...

4 exercise days last week and I lifted furniture yesterday (the heaviest couch and sofa ever)