Thursday, October 30, 2008

What Coach has Taught Me...

I have almost completed my 7th week of Shocker Fitness. I have really enjoyed it. I am faster and fitter. I wanted to take a moment to reflect on the things Coach Bolt has taught me.

Coach has taught me that it's okay to alternate running and walking. In fact, it's better.

Coach has taught me that I can exercise in the cold and my asthma doesn't get worse.

Coach has taught me that running hard is good. And it feels good.

Coach has taught me to push myself harder each session and encourage others to do the same.

Coach has taught me to be accountable and thus I have shown up to every session I've been in town for (missed 2 sessions).

Coach has taught me I can run a 1/4 mile in 102 seconds and live.

I really appreciate all the things outside of exercise that I have learned. I feel like I have a good foundation to continue my fitness even after this 10 week session is over.

Thank you, Coach.

No comments: