Sunday, October 12, 2014

Fall Prairie Fire 1/2

Today I joined a bunch of people and ran 13.1 miles. I think this was my 6th 1/2. The day was beautiful. It started off at 46 degrees. Much better than the spring half.






After some photos with Ragan and a trip to the potty, we were off. My goal was to do better than the spring (2:52) and be consistent. I decided to run the first three miles and then interval 2 minutes running and 1 minute walking. We did intervals last week in Denver and I thought it would be worth a try. As you can see it was a great idea.



In fact, I plan to train to do running intervals. I hear from the experts that intervals help keep you fresh and more consistent, but in my mind I think "if I walk that much, I'll be so slow". FALSE. No instead I run at 10-11 minute miles and walk 14 min/mile. And I end up being more consistent. And the mental chatter was gone. No "oh my feet hurt or my spot in my back aches" or "oh my God. We have 6 more miles to run". Instead, I waited for the cues to run and walk. I listened to my body better to know when to fuel it. And I was mentally charged at mile 12 when I was still running and everyone around me was walking because they had hit the wall. I'm very proud of myself today. It was one of the best 1/2s I've had.
Time- 2:44:10



- Kat

No comments: