Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Oh To Be the Parent of a Fourth Grader

I've been debating on this post.  It makes fun of my sweet girl, but it's too hard to pass up. 

1. She hates to wear deodorant.  Jeff tells her she must do it, but because I'm the one waking her up, she will refuse. And honestly, I don't have the fight in me on this battle.  So Monday we were talking to her PE teacher at school and he was discussing other kids who are stinky (not L) and the subject of deodorant came up).  So I went home and told her Mr. Hinton says you have to wear deodorant.  And guess what, she does!!

2. She has a couple boys in her class that like her and she tells me daily how they drive her crazy asking "do you like me?". She tells me, I want to say no so they'll stop, but I hate to hurt their feelings.  Oh, she's got a long road ahead of her.

3. Last week at the kitchen table, L is working on her homework.  She tells me Lucy is "gross".  I asked why and she said Lucy licked her on the eye.  I told her Lucy just loves her and is being friendly.  She responds, "do you lick daddy on the eye when you are having S-E-X ?(she won't say the word sex, it's always spelled out like it's a cuss word).  "Ummmm.....no", I replied.  Without missing a beat she says, "then Lucy isn't being loving".  Well, okay then. 


No comments: