Saturday, August 2, 2008

Final thoughts on Maui

We spent 8 days in Maui and it was the best vacation. The eight hour flight was long and we weren't very happy with American Airlines. Apparently, they think you only need two beverages in an eight hour time span. But we were rewarded when we got to Maui. Everyone was so nice and helpful. I asked a store owner if I could park in front of his place and he said it was only a 30 minute spot. But then he followed me to my car to ask where I was going and gave me better suggestions of where to park.

The food was great. We ate all types of food. I had fish twice and fish tacos once. Jeff finally decided he doesn't like lobster. We ate haupia pies at McDonald's (that's coconut cream pies like the apple ones we have here). They had spam breakfast sandwiches at Burger King (we missed those). Even when we went to a five star restaurant we didn't feel out of place in our shorts and shirts. The dress code is very relaxed.

Interesting tidbits: people have roosters and they run free everywhere. No billboards are allowed and the signs for restaurants may only be on the building. They want to preserve the land (love that!). Hawaiian pizza is real there....one of the pizza staples.

We had a wonderful 10th wedding anniversary. We are planning on future trip back there someday. Hope you enjoyed these pictures.

No comments: