Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What I learned at book club

I hosted book club tonight. We had a good feast of chicken and dressing, several salads and Halloween candy (man, I can't believe that holiday is around the corner). We discussed "The Greatest Man". I learned that most thought the book wasn't great, but okay. I personally liked the book. I liked the relationships that the 4 main women had.
I learned about Theresa's parents and I learned that Denise and Lori really do a good chicken dance.

But the best thing I learned today is my new adopted motto. I've been looking for a good motto that sums up a lot and here it is (courtesy of Jaime)....

"you get what you get and you don't throw a fit". Yep, I'll be using that a lot at home and at work.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Nice photos. I had fun. Thanks for hosting!

Bets said...

That is an elemenary school teacher's motto!

It works for pieces of candy, colors of paper, seating arrangements, recess equipment! I LOVE IT!