Sunday, September 14, 2008

L's new bike

We tried to get L to use a tricycle and a big wheel. But she refuses to pedal one. I was talking to my dad about it this summer and he and my mom were kind enough to get her a scuut (pronounced scoot) bike. The theory behind this bike is the child will stand or sit on the seat and push with their feet and just work on balance so that when they transition to a regular bike, it's easy. I was skeptical. I thought she'd hate this bike. But I was proven wrong. She loves to ride it. I think the bike makes her feel in control and all the frustration is gone.


Here's the smiling girl on our journey today. It is such a beautiful fall day. It must be in the upper 60's and sunny. We rode over the the shopping center near our house before she quit. She doesn't really like the helmet part.

Thanks again Dad. Way to go!

No comments: