Monday, September 15, 2008

WSU fall fitness

This morning I was up at 5:15 am to join a few other suckers at Cessna Stadium for Coach Rainbolt's WSU fitness program. It's supposed to be similar to Red Dog Days that is held in Lawrence every summer. Although it was a chilly 51 degrees when I stepped out of the car this morning, it didn't take long for me to get hot. I was happy to see my friends, Denise and Jaime, there as well.

This is a 10 week program 3 days a week for an hour each session. We run, do core conditioning and run the stairs at the stadium. It took 3 hours for my legs to quit quivering. I hope I'm not too sore tomorrow. I'm off to take some ibuprofen and a hot shower. The workout was so much fun and I don't think I've worked that hard in awhile. Someone commented that [his] warm up was her main workout. So true. I'm ready to go back on Wednesday.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

I woke up at 5 a.m. this morning. I guess my body is getting ready for the next ten weeks. See you tomorrow.

chitknit said...

Better get that hot tub up and running - sounds like you'll need it!

Bets said...

How were you feeling the day after?