Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Start of my 9 day vacation

Okay, so I don't get as many days off as Jeff or my teacher friends, Jill and Betsy, but I'm going to enjoy the fact that I don't have to work for the next nine days.

The first two days will be spent cleaning the house. It is a mess. I've already made my list of things to do. I plan to work hard so the rest of the week, I can relax.

My parents should be here tomorrow afternoon. They get to stay here for the whole week. I'm so excited. We get to do a little fun shopping, pedicures and eat out. L will be getting lots of spoiling time in, I'm sure!

I do have to stop into work Monday to have our Christmas lunch. Thankfully, someone had a great idea to have a cookie exchange. No secret santa gifts. Didn't have to stay up until midnight fixing little treat boxes. I am bringing three dozen chocolate covered cherry cookies. Already made them once (for book club) and they were delicious.

I am thankful to have this week off so I don't feel so hurried when Christmas comes. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Bets said...

Nine days is a LONG time! You are a lucky duck. My first 2 days were supposed to be for cleaning, instead I've spent them bundled up on the couch. I'm always thankful that I'm still one of the 'kids' in the family, and I don't have to host at all!