Sunday, December 14, 2008

We've been busy.

We've been a busy family this week. Tuesday was parents day at dance. It was great to watch L dance. She's getting pretty good. She definitely does better at ballet than tap. It was really icy that day so we skated our way home to a warm house. Wednesday, I had our annual Christmas book club (no pictures). The dinner was good and the book exchange was eventful. I ended up with 'Tender Bar'. I'm interested in reading it soon (along with the other 20 books I have on my nightstand).
Haley got dressed up with my scarf. Some days she's doing well without Ditto, other days, she's a wreck. I keep hoping and praying she will do better (either that or she needs some Valium).

On Saturday, I dragged (I mean, took) L shopping with me. We went to SEVEN stores and she was great. I prepped her before we went into each store so she'd know what we were getting and it worked. We were both tired and hungry by lunch so Mickey D's got our money. Then we went to see Emmet Otter's Christmas (a depressing Jim Henson movie). L sat on Santa's lap (after 20 minutes of coercing).


Today, we finished up shopping and I wrapped all the gifts. I am 90 % done and am happy with that thought. We spent time at the library this afternoon. After supper (chili....delicious on a cold night), L and I made a upside down pineapple cake. I have never made one before. It was pretty easy. L had a good time helping. Unfortunately, the cake stuck to the side at the end so it fell apart some. But I think it will taste good.



As you can see, the batter was VERY good.




1 comment:

chitknit said...

I love Pineapple Upside Down cake! My grandma used to make it a lot.

Off to warm up the car.