Tuesday, May 24, 2016

366 Days of Running!

Today marks 366 days of running one mile every day.  Wow.  Yesterday and today I've taken a step back to take that all in.

I still remember my first run.  12:50 for the mile and man was it hard.  It was at Marion Lake.  I remember the next morning when I was walking with my friends and Deena said "We are all going to run the mile with you for the next 40 days!" I was blown away.  And so for forty days, there were several of us who got together every day to run a mile.

And then that goal was over and then the numbers slowly dwindled down until it was three. Deena, Tami and I.  What a fabulous ride!  I think my best mile was 8:58.  I have run in rain, snow, heat, wind.  I ran some miles on the treadmill. In this year, I've run two half marathons and one 10K. And a few 5Ks sprinkled in.

I'm so much more fit than a year ago.  I've lost 7 pounds and a pant size.  I have so much more energy. I've learned how to pay attention to my body.  I know that icing my feet every day is a necessity and when I stretch every day, I feel much better.  Acupuncture is also my friend.

I get asked often, "how long will you go?" And I answer, "As long as I'm capable of running a mile".  I enjoy running every day.  I can't imagine not going out for a day.  And I am so blessed to get to run every day and see my friends every day.  Running with them has made all the difference.

So running a mile has changed my life in more ways than I can say.  And I'll keep on running so you'll have to keep hearing me talk about running!


-Kat

No comments: