Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Lincoln 1/2 Marathon

I realized I didn't do a play by play on my half Marathon in Lincoln!  So here goes!

May 1, 2016. Rain and cold (37F).  And windy.  Such cruddy conditions.  We were hoping for the rain to subside, but it lasted all 13.1 miles

Pre photo op:



The race was so well supported.  The course is flat and goes through several neighborhoods.  There were so many people out despite the chilly temps.  I was so grateful!

I paced myself pretty well.  My feet didn't hurt.  Unfortunately, I hadn't eaten well the day before so my gut wasn't mad, but I finally decided at mile 8 I wasn't going to PR so I'd feel a lot better if I went to the bathroom.

The end was awesome! You run through the tunnel and finish the race at the 50 yard line! I was so happy to be done!

Deena, Brett, Mandy and I shivering while we take a photo op


The finish line:
I'm so glad I got to run with my friends.  We had a great time and lots of stories to share.  My time was 2:36:25 (unofficial).  I would like to go back next year and hope for better weather!



-Kat

No comments: