Monday, January 2, 2017

My Word for 2017

As I do in every year, I thought about my one word the last couple weeks in December.  Mostly because I knew Linda would ask me what my word was.

I reflected on 2016's word: gratitude.  I feel I have done fairly well at accomplishing this.  I am grateful for the ability to run every day.  I have a nice house with heat and air conditioning, a dependable car to drive every day and people who love me (and I love them in return).  I don't worry about not eating.  I am a lucky, grateful lady.

So this year's work is PLAN.  Now many people say, you're a planner.  Why do you need this word?  Well, I am a planner.  I like things laid out well.  Unfortunately, life is so busy, that I've gotten away from planning and end up scrambling at the end. This makes my anxiety worse.  And there are many things I procrastinate on which leaves me in a lurch.  Just addressing and planning these things out will help me accomplish more.

Planning helps us be more productive people.  I don't want every single second planned out, but I do want to have daily goals.  I want to have a rainy day fund which means I need to plan my finances out better.  I want to lose weight, which means I need to plan my meals out so I choose healthy foods.  I want to remember birthdays and events in advance so those people know how special I am to them. 

So there's my word. I also made a Motto: Attitude and Effort.  100% attitude and effort will help me reach my goals!

No comments: