Thursday, January 19, 2017

Thankful Thursday

 
Today marks one month since my grandpa passed away. It's taken me this long to write this post. While he had health challenges the last couple years and specifically the last couple months, he was overall really healthy for a 92 year old man. 

Grandpa was awesome. He was genuine. He always wanted to know what I was doing and how work was going. He was always there when you needed help or direction. He was so funny! He was a great prankster and laughed just as hard when he got pranked. 

I'm going to miss him a lot. His smile, laugh and chatter. I'll never forget the last time I saw him. I went to visit a week before he died. He found out he could have a milkshake so I went to Sonic to get his favorite "strawberry shake". He must have kissed my grandma at least a dozen times while I was there. He was so sweet. 

I am so thankful I knew him for 42 years. I'm glad he's not in pain any more. And I know he's with God and all of his siblings probably playing golf, drinking beer and having a good laugh. 

Love you grandpa! 

No comments: