Thursday, December 10, 2015

A New Friend

Last Wednesday (12/2), L and I got home just like any other Wednesday and put away the groceries. Lucy was super loud and driving me crazy after they went out so I had them come in the kitchen door. She was still barking so I look out the living room door and see this:



Oh my! He was so sweet and friendly. I checked and the gate was locked, the fence was fine. I checked his tags-only rabies tags, no name. We drove him to the emergency vet and they checked for a chip- none. They said, you can keep him overnight or take him to the shelter. Well there was no way he was going to the shelter. Back home we went. We drove around the neighborhood. No luck. Asked the neighbors. Still no luck. I decided he was going to spend the night. He came in, ate some dinner while Oreo and Lucy checked him out. L was freaking out while they were feeling each other out but after 10 minutes "Coco" told Oreo he was going to be #1 and the pecking order was decided. It was all quite humorous.
Coco was a sweet boy. He sits and shakes on command, doesn't bark much and is very interested in people food. He was more than happy to lay at my feet.


L and I decided to keep him in the guest room. We slept in the bed while he laid on the floor.
The next morning, I found out his families address and he lives a court away!! His name is Dexter. We took him over and they were so happy!! We got a pet smart gift card and kind note that he wants to come visit us again! I bet he does!!

***so what we figured out is when the hot tub repair guy came to fix the hot tub, he opened the gate, did his thing and then when he left locked the gate. While it was open Coco/Dexter had escaped out of his fence and wandered into our yard and was in a different part of the backyard and so he wasn't seen and got locked in. Luckily, it was decent out (40F).
Crazy!!!
-Kat

No comments: