Sunday, January 11, 2015

My 14 Miler

Little Rock marathon is coming up (March 1) and I have been training. This week's long run was 14 miles. Today I had unlimited time. Ragan joined me for the first 5 miles then she left to go to work.
The temp was 28 degrees, south wind of 8-12 mph with a wind chill of 18 degrees. I wore a tank, long sleeved shirt and hoodie. With my gator, I felt great. Pants were my long tights and compression socks finished off my outfit.
I've been following the Jeff Galloway method which is run/walk intervals. I had been doing 60:60 intervals. Today I stepped it up to 90:60. I did really well. My last 8.8 miles were at 12:45 min/mile pace. I love interval running because my head is so busy hearing the tone to change that it doesn't get overwhelmed.


I got my steps in this morning! Day 35 of 10K steps per day done!!


And the rest of the day? Complete laziness. Watching TV all afternoon long. And I don't feel one bit guilty.

No comments: