Saturday, January 31, 2015

What a Run!

Today I had an 18 miler on schedule. I've been watching the weather all week and while it was supposed to rain Saturday it was going to be cold with a North wind of 25 mph. And I had done that last weekend and wasn't in the mood to repeat.

So off I go this morning at 7:15 am. I started out and it wasn't bad. A little mist. By mile 2, I headed east and it was starting to sleet. Not heavy but sleet hurts when it smacks you on the hand or face. By mile 7, it turned to drizzle. Light Pittsburgh rain I would call it.

I had been doing well to fuel and did intervals of 90:60 (run/walk). After 9 miles I reached Andover, headed north a mile and then west.

The route home wasn't as nice. The wind was 10-13 mph to the South, but after 10-11 miles of constant rain, it gets old. I wasn't cold, but my feet got wet when I underestimated a couple puddles. But I plugged away and before I knew it, 18 miles was done!

This is me after a rain filled morning.


I made it under my goal of 13 min/mile.


My sparkle skirt was wonderful. Kept my butt dry and the pockets rock.


I was extremely proud of my splits. I was able to maintain an even pace and that was huge!






Next up is a 20 miler and then it's taper time. 30 days until the Little Rock marathon.
-Kat

No comments: