Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 Word: Gratitude (and Grace)

So last year was Mindfulness.  In some respects, I improved on staying in the moment.  The difficult part was persistently staying in the moment.  But I feel the word was appropriate for 2015.

Gratitude:
   * according to the dictionary: the quality of being thankful.
   * my favorite t shirt says Gratitude- to endure against the odds; to unite and connect; to admire, to love; to honor a hero; to be a hero.  This is so much bigger than me.

I chose this word not because I'm not grateful, but I want to work harder on being grateful.  Grateful for the little things I take for granted (the ability to run every day, to have a blanket on me while I read, etc) and to appreciate my life, family and friends more.

Some days, I feel I whip through the motions.  And I'm exhausted.  Not a good feeling.  I want to take my time and savor the moments before they are gone.

I have the exercise part down; now I want to work on my nutrition.  And being grateful and saying grace before I eat should help me accomplish this goal.

Happy 2016! May you have a wonderful year as well!

No comments: