Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Farewell to an Old Friend

Dear Ditto,

Thank you for sharing 13 years with us. You were a faithful friend to us. You made us smile, laugh and appreciate all the great things about a dog. You shared our joys, our sorrows and everything in between. We loved your spunk and the desire to be the "perfect" dog. You were a great buddy for Haley. She wouldn't have made it without you.

We're so sorry that your body gave out. We know how tired you were. And we know that you are finally at peace and breathing without difficulty. That's the great thing about being a dog...you can die with dignity.

We love you and will miss you terribly. We will continue to tell your stories and remember all of your greatness.

Love, your mom and dad

(photo from 01/2008)

5 comments:

Janette said...

I'm SO sorry to hear about Ditto :(!!

(on a side note -- go to my blog and scroll down to the 4th post I put up last night -- "Nice Surprise". I thought you'd enjoy reading and knowing about what happened!!)

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!

Bets said...

Oh Kat! I'm so sad for you guys. Jill told me this might be coming the other night.
I'll be thinking about you all. How is L holding up? Slobbery kisses from Minnie to you all!

Jaime said...

Oh, this sucks. I am so sorry to hear about this.

Lori said...

I'm sorry about your loss. Celebrate all of the happy times.

chitknit said...

I hope you guys are doing okay. Give L and Haley and Reggie all hugs from us. Your house won't be the same without Doughy running up to greet us when we come in.

We love you guys!