Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wednesday thoughts

I am so thankful that the Wichita school bond passed last night. I was almost more excited about that than the presidency. This is a step in the right direction for Wichita.

I am amazed that Obama won. And more impressed that the election day went so smoothly. Sometimes it's midnight and I still don't know who won and by 10pm, Obama was elected. Good for him. It's time for a change and I hope he can follow through. I couldn't stay up late to listen to his speech, but I did get to listen to McCain's concession speech. I completely agree with him. We need to gather together and help each other out. He was classy last night.

This morning I woke up a little late (5:37) but made it to Shocker Fitness. There I got my butt kicked for 25 minutes doing 50 meter walks and 150 meter runs. I lost count how many times I went around the track. I was grateful when it was over. I'm sure it would have been easier if I hadn't run 8 miles yesterday morning. Yep, you heard me. And you know what? It felt great. I'm starting to get runners.

Well that's all for today. I'm off to California for a conference. Ready for a little break in the routine.

No comments: